S. K. Murthy
S. K. Murthy is a well-accomplished artist and researcher since the last 25 years, who has received several Awards and Honours for her contribution to Indian Art. She has done Seven Solo Shows and participated in more than two hundred group shows. She was in Triveni Kala Sangam for 9 years under the guidance of the Creative Genius Shri Rameshwar Broota.
Recently she received Delhi Star Award 2015 for Best Women Artist from Adhikar Manch and Idea Masala. She was felicitated by 3rd Delhi International Film Festival 2014. In 2013 she was felicitated by Shri Raj Nath Singh for best artist of Haryana. She was one of the artists to be encouraged by the Honourable President of India and felicitated by the Honourable Chief Justice of India and Lt. Governor of Delhi with National Woman’s Award 2008 and also a recipient of Kala Ratna Samman 2005.
She participated in an International Art workshop in Rome in 2015.“The Cultural Coalition” art exhibition at Hyde House, Langley Street, Covent Garden, London 2014. In “The New Florence Biennale Ethics DNA of Art” at Florence, Italy 2013. She was also a part of “Resonance of the Spirit”, The 8th Korea India Contemporary Art Exchange Exhibition” at Wolijon Foundation, Henbyeokwon Gallery, Seoul, South Korea, 2013. In 2012, she was part of the Artists’ delegation representing India for the SAARC Art Exhibition and Camp held at Colombo, Sri Lanka. In 2011 also she was invited by the Princess of Saudi Arabia to exhibit her works at the National Museum, Riyadh and held workshops at the Ministry of Culture, Saudi Arabia.
S. K. Murthy has participated in Six Charity Auctions such as Christie's to raise funds for the underprivileged. Her works can be found in several private and public collections in India and abroad. She lives and works in Gurgaon, Haryana.
Date of birth: 16th Aug 1965
Qualification: Graduate in Arts from Delhi University
2015 “Joy of Life” at Shridharani Gallery, Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi.
2011 “Contours of Time and Space” at Shridharani Gallery, Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi.
2011 “Reaching Out“ at Taj Palace Hotel, SP Marg, New Delhi.
2009 “Rhythm of Life” at Triveni Gallery, Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi.
2007 “An Art”, Show at Triveni Gallery, Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi
2003 “Different Facets of Woman” Lalit Kala Akademi, Mandi House, New Delhi
2003 “Womanhood” at India International Arts Gallery, DLF Phase II, Gurgaon
2014 “The Cultural Coalition” art Exhibition at Hyde House, Langley-street, Covent Garden, London
2013 “Ethics as DNA of Art” participating in IX Edition of The New Florence Biennale, Italy.
2013 "Resonance of the Spirit” The 8th Korea India Contemporary Art Exchange Exhibition at Wolijon Foundation, Henbyeokwon Gallery, Seoul, South Korea.
2012 “Nature and Art at its Best” exhibition of paintings of the SAARC Region at ”J.D.A.Perera Gallery” Colombo, Srilanka.
2011 “Reflections” Woman in Art at National Museum, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
2010 “Art Rhythm” at Kala Art Gallery, San Francisco, California.
2008 Four Indian Artists show at World Fine Art Gallery, New York, USA.
AWARDS AND FELICITATION
1. Delhi Star Award 2015 for “Best Women Artist” from Adhikar Manch and Kurele’s Idea Masala.
2. Felicitated by 3rd International Film Festival at NDMC Centre, opp Jantar Mantar, CP, New Delhi 2014.
3. Represented India In SAARC Nations Artists’ Programme selected by Ministry of Culture and Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi “Nature and Art at its Best” Art Camp at Water Edge and Exhibition of paintings at ”J.D.A.Perera Gallery” Colombo, Srilanka, 2012.
4. Felicitated by Sanskar Bharti Organization (Gurgaon Branch) by Hon. Minister Shri Raj Nath Singh at Gurgaon in 2012.
5. Invited by HRH Princess Adela bint Abdullah Al Saud and the other members of the Governing Council of National Museum of Saudi Arabia to exhibit works at National Museum, Riyadh and held the workshop at the Ministry of Culture, Saudi Arabia in 2011.
6. Felicitated by National Legal Services Authority of India on the occasion of the International Women’s Day, 2008 by Chief Justice of India and Lt. Governor of Delhi at The Convention Hall, Hotel Ashok on 8th March 2008. 12 women artists were honored including Ms. Anjoli Ela Menon, Ms. Arpana Kaur, etc.
7. Felicitated by JD Institute of Fashion Technology Delhi at JD Annual Design Awards 2007 at The Convention Hall, Hotel Ashok by Film Director Mr. Madhu Bhandarkar.
Kala Ratan Samman 2005.
1. “Smile with Hyatt”- Making a Difference an Art Auction organized by Smile Foundation at Hyatt Regency Delhi on 27th March 2015.
2. Charity Auction by Divya Chaya Trust, at Mr. B K Modi’s Residence, Prithviraj Road, New Delhi on 21st Feb 2010.
3. INDIA ON CANVAS art auction conducted by Christie’s & organized by Khushii NGO at Malaysian High Commission, New Delhi on 6th Feb 2009.
4. Helping hands – Paintings to be Auctioned by Wild Life SOS at Embassy of France, New Delhi on 19th October 2008.
5. A BID FOR A CAUSE “GEMS 2008” a charity auction of Indian art to raise funds for those affected by multiple sclerosis, at Hotel Park Sheraton & Towers, Chennai on 22nd Feb 2008.
6. INDIA ON CANVAS art auction conducted by Christie’s & organized by Khushii NGO at British High Commissioner’s Residence in New Delhi on 10th November 2006.
Visitors’ Lounge at Prime Minister of India’s Residence, Lalit Kala Akademi New Delhi, Sahitya Kala Parishad New Delhi, AIFACS New Delhi, Law Minister of India’s Residence, Apollo Tyres, Dabur India, Tata Steels Ltd, Luxor Pvt. Ltd, Taj Palace Hotel , New Delhi, Radisson Hotel New Delhi, ONGC Dehradun, New Zealand High Commissioner’s residence in India, Indian Ambassador in Saudi Arabia, SAARC Cultural Centre in Colombo (Srilanka), Indian Army Northern Command, Udampur, Karma Lakelands, Gurgaon, Department of J&K Police Srinagar, Swaraj Bhavan, Bhopal, Meudon (France), Zurich, St.Gallen, London, New York, Tokyo, San Francisco, Seoul, Incheon (South Korea), Canada & Australia, Many Private and Corporate Offices in India & Abroad.