Bhawani Shankar Sharma
Born : 1945, Banasthali (Rajasthan)
B.A. (Fine) Painting, 1969, Faculty of Fine Arts, M.S. University, Baroda.
M.A. (Fine) Graphics, 1971, Faculty of Fine Arts, M.S. University, Baroda.
Mural Training, Banasthali Vidyapith
Ph.D. 1991, Kanpur University.
Former Head of Department Visual Art and Dean Faculty of Fine Arts, Banasthali
Former Chairman, Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi.
Visiting Faculty, Aayojan School of Architecture ,Jaipur.
Visiting Faculty, Architecture College, Jagannath University, Jaipur.
Former mentor Visual Art at Arch Academy of Design, Jaipur.
Coordinator Exhibition Contemporary Art of India, Jaipur Art Submit(JAS) 2013-14 and advisor Jaipur Art Summit(JAS).
Nominated by Ministry of Culture, Government of India as member of Apex Committee National Gallery of Modern Art Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore.
Professor, Visual Arts IIS University, Jaipur.
Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi : 1965, 1971, 1975, 1979, 1981
Progressive Artist Group : 1979
Awarded Italian Govt. Fellowship : Academy of Fine Arts, Brera- Milan, Italy 1983-84
Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi : â€śAll India Exhibition of Artâ€ť award - 1995
Amrit Samman : 2012 by Rajasthan Sahitya Academy,Udaipur
Academic Samman : 2011-12 by Rajasthan Urdu Academy,Jaipur
Red FM Bade Dilwale Award : 2013
1. Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi Annual Exhibitions.
2. Gujarat Lalit Kala Akademi Annual Exhibition 1968 to 1971.
1. Lalit Kala Akademi, Delhi
2. All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society, Delhi (AIFACS)
3. Bombay Art Society, Bombay
4. Akademi of Fine Arts, Calcutta
5. All India Exhibition Mahakaushal Kala Parishad, Raipur.
6. All India Drawing Exhibition, Lucknow, Organized by U.P. Lalit Kala Akademi.
7. All India Exhibition of Drawings 84, organised by Govt. College of Art Chandigarh & Chandigarh Lalit Kala Akademi.
8. All India Drawing Exhibitions Group-8, Delhi.
9. All India Print Exhibition Group-8, Delhi.
10. All India Exhibition, Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi.
11. All India Graphic Exhibition of Prints-85, AIFACS, New Delhi.
12. Atul All India Art Exhibition-1991, Ahmedabad.
1. Modern Fantasy & Marchen Art Exhibition Tokyo, Japan 1979.
2. The Festival of India Travelling Exhibition of Graphics USA 1985.
3. International Print Biennale, Maastsich, Holland, 1993.
4. International Exhibition of Art WLRA World Congress at Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur 1993 organised by World Leisure & Recreation Association in Collaboration with India Leisure Studies Association and UNESCO.
5. 6th Bharat Bhawan Briennale 1996 of Contemporary Arts (by special invitation).
6. Invited for `Art Exhibition Contemporary Indian Paintings : Tradition to Modernity at Kunststation Kleinsassen, at FULDA (Germany) (6 June to 1 July, 2001)
7. Invited for â€śContemporary Art from Indiaâ€ť Exhibition 6-20th June 2002 at AKADEMIE FĂśR GESTALTUNG UND DENKMALPFLEGE EBERN, Germany.
8. Indian Contemporary Art Exhibition organized by Lalit Kala Akademi at Nicosia, Cyprus, 2005.
9. â€śMultiple Encountersâ€ť Indo-Us Print Exhibition at New York, New Delhi, Chandigarh & Jaipur, 2004-2006.
10. Exhibition titled â€śCurrent Impressionsâ€ť at Otterbein Collegeâ€™s Frank Museum of Art in Westerville,Ohio in 2008.
ONE MAN SHOW OF PAINTINGS & GRAPHICS :
1. Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi Gallery, Ravindra Manch, Jaipur 1975, 1978 sponsored by Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi.
2. Triveni Kala Sangam, Delhi-1972.
3. Fine Arts Museum Chandigarh â€“ 1972, 1975 sponsored by Fine Arts Museum Chandigarh University.
4. Jahangir Art Gallery, Bombay-1973, 1975.
5. Max Mueller Bhawan, Bombay â€“ 1978, 1984 sponsored by Max Mueller Bhawan, Bombay.
6. San Diego, California (U.S.A.) â€“ 1984
7. San Fedele Cultural Centre Milan â€“ 1984 sponsored by San Fedele Cultural Centre Milan (Italy).
8. Retrospective exhibition organised by Progressive Artist Group at Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur 1995.
9. One man show organised by B.M.Birla Planetorium and Science museum at Birla Science Museum, Jaipur-1997.
10. Exhibition of paintings and graphics at Shanta Art Gallery, Delhi-2005.
11. One man show at Hotel Clarks Amer, Jaipur-2006.
12. Drawing Exhibition at Faculty of Fine Arts,IPS Academy,Indore-2012.
13. Several one man shows at Banasthali.
1. Exhibition of Paintings Drawings at AIFACS Delhi with staff and students of Banasthali,organised by Banasthali Vidyapith â€“ 1952.
2. Young Artists Exhibition organised by International Cultural Centre, New Delhi.
3. Mayur-6 exhibition, Jaipur 1980.
4. Exhibition at Suchna Kendra, Ajmer 1975.
5. Banasthali Art Exhibition at Ravindra Bhawan, New Delhi-1977.
6. Progressive Artists Group Exhibition, Lalit Kala Gallery Jaipur- 1979, 1980.
7. Progressive Artists Group Exhibition, Regional Centre, Madras-1984.
8. Print Makers Camp Exhibition at Ravindra Manch organized by Takhman-1985.
9. Progressive Artists Group Exhibition, Rajasthan School of Art, Jaipur-1987.
10. Progressive Artists Group Exhibition, Jahangir Art Gallery, Bombay-1987.
11. Progressive Artists Group Exhibition, Academy of Fine Arts, Calcutta-1989.
12. Progressive Artists Group Exhibition, Sahitya Kala Parishad, Delhi-1990.
13. Progressive Artists Group Exhibition, Madhya Pradesh Kala Parishad, Bhopal-1992.
14. Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi Exhibition Silver Jubilee Mobile Exhibition 1983.
15. Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi Exhibition, Rajasthani Artists Exhibition, Lucknow â€“ 1981.
16. Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi Exhibition, Rajastahan Artists Exhibition Ahmedabad & Bombay â€“ 1981.
17. Artists from Rajasthan Exhibition Jahangir Art Gallery â€“ 1984, Bombay organised by Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi.
18. Exhibited in all India Rashtriya Kala Mela organised by National Lalit Kala Akademi & Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi (RLKA).
19. Contemporary Art of Rajasthan Exhibition â€“ 1990 organised by Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi (RLKA) at Jahangir Art Gallery, Bombay.
20. â€śArtist Family Exhibitionâ€ť at Jahangir Art Gallery Bombay â€“ 1994.
21. â€śContemporary Art Exhibition of Rajasthanâ€ť at Rashtriya Kala Mela, Calcutta-1996 organised by Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi.
22. â€śContemporary Art Exhibition of Rajasthanâ€ť at Art Gallery Rashtriya Kala Kendra, Bhuvneshwar-1996, organised by Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi.
23. Forty years of Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi â€śArt Exhibition-1997â€ť.
24. Invited for â€śColors of Rajasthanâ€ť exhibition at the occasion of â€śGolden Jubilee of Freedomâ€ť organized by Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi and Jawahar kala Kendra in Jaipur-1998.
25. 2nd â€śAll India Art Biennial Exhibition of Rajasthan 1999â€ť, organized by Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi â€“ 2000.
26. â€śGraphic Expressions Print Show 2000â€ť by Cymroza Art Gallery at Delhi, Bombay Chennai and Calcutta.
27. â€śContemporary Art of Rajasthanâ€ť exhibition at Kala Dirgha, Kota by Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi as invitee artist October 2001.
28. Exhibited in 42nd Annual Exhibition of Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi as invitee artist.
29. Participated in contemporary art of Rajasthan Inter State Art Exhibition organized by Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi as invitee artist at Lucknow from 20 to 25 September 2001 and at Goa from 1 to 6 October 2001.
30. Alumni of Faculty of Fine Art, Baroda, Exhibition sponsored by Welcome Group, Rajputana Shereton, at Srishti Art Gallery, Jaipur 14-20 April, 2001.
31. Art Awareness camp exhibition at Suchna Kendra,Kota from 10 to 12th Feb 2001.
32. Participated in â€śKala Jathrae- 03â€ť exhibition 27th Feb to 3rd March 2003 at Venkatappa Art Gallery, Bangalore, organized by â€śArt House, Bangaloreâ€ť .
33. Invited for 11th kala Mela 2003, exhibition by Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi, at Jawahar Kala Kendra Jaipur.
34. Exhibition of Paintings at open Palm Court Area, India Habitat centre, Delhi from 8-14 Jan 2004.
35. Invited for the exhibition at Patiala and Chandigarh organised by Jawahar Kala Kendra Jaipur,North Zone cultural centre, Patiala and Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi in Nov 2002-03.
36. Participated in exhibition on â€śEvil Face of Global Terrorismâ€ť organized by Sanskar Bharti at Rabindra Bhawan, Delhi in April 2002.
37. Senior Artistâ€™s exhibition at Palace Art Gallery, Bikaner in March 2002.
38. Invited for 12th Ravi Jain Memorial Foundation exhibition on contemporary Indian Art at DMG Mega Art Complex, New Delhi in September 2003.
39. Exhibition for a cause by Muskan at Awedna Ashram at Santokba Durlabhji from March 13th to19th and at Rajputana Palace Sheraton from Mach 22nd to 28th 2004.
40. Participated in exhibition of graphic prints â€śImpressionsâ€ť at Jawahar Kala Kendra,Jaipur.
41. Participated in 48th National exhibition of Lalit Kala Akademi at Bombay in 2005.
42. Family Exhibition of Paintings, Graphics and Frescos at Hotel Rajputana Palace Sheraton in December 2005.
43. Artist camp show at Lalit Kala Regional centre Lucknow in 2007.
44. Artist camp show at Bhubneshwar in January 2008.
45. Artist camp show at Ashoka Hotel,Delhi in May 2008.
46. Progressive Artist Group Exhibition 2010 and 2011,Jaipur.
47. Shubharambh Exhibition at Indian Canvas Gallery of Contemporary Art, 2011.
48. Multiple Encounters-II, Indo-US Print Exhibition at Lalit Kala Akademi Galleries, 2012.
49. "Roop-Aroop" group exhibition at Jawahar Kala Kendra, Jaipur, 2016.
50. "Exposition-2017" group show at Rajasthan Lalit Kala Akademi, Jaipur, 2017.